I've gotten away from regularly writing, and with the start of 2019 I decided now is the time to revisit writing! It's a great way to look at events happening in our lives and remind ourselves of the blessings we have no matter how busy or complicated life gets!
Part of 2019 includes returning to school work for me. As I look at my future goals for my career, I decided the time is now to look at getting my degree in Organizational Leadership. I applied for admission to Metropolitan State University (www.metrostate.edu) and started courses in January! 1 week in and I'm already wondering why I thought this was a great idea. This first semester back at it will most likely be the most difficult as I'm taking on 3 courses - if I survive this, I'll be able to make this happen!
What this means is fitting in course work during lunch breaks and after the girls head to bed, and of course hours on the weekends. If I look a little tired, this may explain the bags under my eyes!
In 2018, we made the leap into a new breed of rabbits. After some heartache with a special Holland Lop, Joelle asked if she could get a different breed. She did some research and picked the Havana breed. We attended a rabbit show in March where after thinking we had no luck with our search, she happened upon 2 Havanas and we met a great new rabbit friend in Alan W and brought home our first Havana - a broken black we named Morris. Our Havana herd grew to include Rita and Disco, Rain and Addison. In December we welcomed our first successful Havana litter by Rain and Morris! It has been fun watching the kits grow and play! The Havana is known for their mink like fur and inquisitive personality. They certainly have been fun!
This winter we moved all of our rabbits into our detached garage and installed garage heaters! We had tried out a wood pellet stove, but after struggles to maintain the stove correctly, the ease of a heater won out. It sure has been nice to have everyone inside where their water doesn't freeze!
Stay tuned for more adventures on Painted Ridge in 2019!
Part of 2019 includes returning to school work for me. As I look at my future goals for my career, I decided the time is now to look at getting my degree in Organizational Leadership. I applied for admission to Metropolitan State University (www.metrostate.edu) and started courses in January! 1 week in and I'm already wondering why I thought this was a great idea. This first semester back at it will most likely be the most difficult as I'm taking on 3 courses - if I survive this, I'll be able to make this happen!
What this means is fitting in course work during lunch breaks and after the girls head to bed, and of course hours on the weekends. If I look a little tired, this may explain the bags under my eyes!
![]() |
| Joelle and Havana kit Hip-Hop |
This winter we moved all of our rabbits into our detached garage and installed garage heaters! We had tried out a wood pellet stove, but after struggles to maintain the stove correctly, the ease of a heater won out. It sure has been nice to have everyone inside where their water doesn't freeze!
Stay tuned for more adventures on Painted Ridge in 2019!


Comments
Post a Comment