Where have the past 8 weeks gone? Such highs and lows as we adjust to being a family of 5!!! I guess it takes that long to find time to post to our blog too. Our sweet baby girl Aryn Lucille arrived (or shall we say was evicted) on Wednesday, April 11 at 7:43 PM. It was a very long day, with my induction starting at 7 AM. Technically we were there at 6 AM, but it took an hour for them to get the IV placed.
 |
| Aryn Lucille Carter |
After a very long day, she was finally here - weighing in at 9 pounds 4 ounces and a 37 cm head.... 'nuf said....
 |
| Aryn and my helpers on her Baptism day |
She is such a sweet and wonderful little girl who really just goes with the flow. This is a good thing because daughter #2 likes to run the show! Joelle has actually been a wonderful big sister, better than we ever imagined. And we already knew Emma was great in that role, so all in all we have 3 beautiful daughters who brighten our lives every day! Well okay, admittedly the 16 yr old can push the buttons and the 2 yr old has developed a very LOUD whine and groan to get your attention.
This past week marked my first week back at work full-time. Longest, most exhausting week and so hard to concentrate when I just really want to be at home watching Aryn as she learns to make sounds and share her smile with those who love her and her ceiling fan. (yes, she loves the ceiling fan almost as much as Joelle did)
 |
| Hanging out at the hotel, watching Mickey Mouse! |
We have even had our first family night away! Memorial weekend we decided to see how a trip for all us and a hotel stay would work and we loaded up and drove to Hutchinson (yep a whole 1 1/2 hrs away). This was a first attempt at attending a rabbit show with 2 little ones and I will say that we did survive although we only stayed for one show. But Emma's buck Zak did GREAT at the show and received a Best of Variety placement in the youth show!
There are so many more things that have happened in the past 8 weeks, but I think I'd rather go capture some baby snuggles.... I will aim for more frequent, smaller posts in the future! And with Western Fest just 9 days away for us, well maybe I'll start more posts in July...
Comments
Post a Comment