A weekend away is exactly what this family needed! We headed north to Breezy Point last Friday, unsure of road conditions so we took the alternate route through St. Cloud rather than heading north on Hwy 71. It was during this drive that it hit me, this is my first trip north where I can't stop to see Grandma Hedlund. And then the tears started. It is amazing how loss affects one and the little things that trigger the tears and memories. We had hoped to go through Clarissa and visit Grandma's good friend, Loretta, but the questionable roads on the way north and the blizzard conditions on the way home prevented this visit. This is something we WILL do later this spring.
We found some fun things to do while in the Brainerd Lakes area, including checking out the snow sculptures in Nisswa!
A new experience was the opportunity to participate in sled dog rides! Highly recommend to anyone if the opportunity presents itself! We arrived just as the dogs arrived so I was lucky enough to assist with the harnessing of the dogs. What a treat for me! I loved every minute of it. Bob, Emma and Joelle all went on the rides, I stayed with Aryn and figured the best part for me had already happened. Plus I wanted to snap some pictures of the fun! We were joined by Bob's parents and his brother Ted and family! Lots of great cousin time and fun memories were made.
We found some fun things to do while in the Brainerd Lakes area, including checking out the snow sculptures in Nisswa!
| Gingerbread House |
| Candy! |
| Cupcake |
A new experience was the opportunity to participate in sled dog rides! Highly recommend to anyone if the opportunity presents itself! We arrived just as the dogs arrived so I was lucky enough to assist with the harnessing of the dogs. What a treat for me! I loved every minute of it. Bob, Emma and Joelle all went on the rides, I stayed with Aryn and figured the best part for me had already happened. Plus I wanted to snap some pictures of the fun! We were joined by Bob's parents and his brother Ted and family! Lots of great cousin time and fun memories were made.
| Watching the puppies |
| Emma and Joelle take the first ride! |
| Straightening out the dogs |
| Kimber & Lucille |
| Grandpa Ken, Lucille and Elizabeth |
| My favorite - Star |
| The Minnesota Carter girls |
Comments
Post a Comment