 |
| Baby Joelle |
Wow, seems like it was yesterday that little JoJo was grasping our fingers and we were anxiously waiting to be able to hold her! Being that I was induced 4 weeks early, she had just a few troubles breathing right away, but she quickly showed everyone that she was "just fine", which is now a regular phrase from the sassy little 3 year old. And I wouldn't have it any other way!
 |
| Joelle Fern and Vonda Fern - March 14, 2010 |
As I look back at pictures, I rested on the picture of Joelle and Great-Grandma Hedlund. As the tears welled up, I remembered just how blessed we have been to have these amazing grandparents and I cherish all of the memories. I remember getting the phone call that Grandma decided to drive down to Willmar from Clarissa as soon as she heard her newest great-granddaughter had been born. At this point in time, we were worried about Grandma driving and whether she would find the hospital on her own. She was supposed to meet my mom and dad and they would all drive to the hospital together. And then, there she was, standing in the doorway of my hospital room with the biggest smile on her face! She made it there all on her own and thought it was silly that she was supposed to meet Joan somewhere first. And then we brought Vonda Fern Hedlund to meet Joelle Fern Carter. One of my favorite memories and pictures of all time. Those 2 had a special bond, as Joelle quickly became "grandma's girl". I can't tell you how much I miss her this night and every night, but I'm so thankful for all the time we had. Love you gram....
So tonight we celebrated Joelle's birthday with all available family in Granite Falls! This included Papa and Grandma Lundell, Grandma and Grandpa Carter, Auntie Katy, Great-Aunt Barb and of course our own Carter Crew. We celebrated by taking everyone out for supper! With all the pending storms and the ice covered driveway, we decided this was easiest for everyone and it worked pretty well too! Enjoy a few fun pictures from the evening!
 |
| Surprise! |
 |
| The Birthday girl! |
 |
| JoJo with her scene-stealing sister Aryn... |
 |
| After weeks of talking about, finally the Dora cake! |
 |
| Frosting was the first to disappear |
 |
| JoJo's new pillow made by Grandma Lundell! |
 |
| Her big gift she opened once home and in jammies! She gave it a thumbs up! |
 |
| I'm 3! |
 |
| Oh my goodness! I'm 3 AND a princess! |
Comments
Post a Comment