So this has been.... well, it's been a month...
September 3, we marked the start of being parents to a High School Senior. How DOES that happen!? Holy cats! This was also the official first day of Joelle starting pre-school. It's always fun to answer the common set of questions, "so do you have kids?" "Yep, 3 girls." "Wow, 3 girls, what are their ages?" "18, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2" This is usually followed by blank stares. However, I just heard about a family with 12 boys - ages 21 to 3 months old.... so I have a gap some others would have filled with more kids. I still secretly enjoy the facial looks...
 |
| The Carter Girls! First day of school! |
 |
| The Pre-schooler and the Senior! |
 |
| Joelle - the Pre-schooler |
 |
| Emma's Senior Year Begins! |
.jpg) |
| Night Swim |
And you read that correctly, we now officially have an 18 year old in the house! Again, How DOES that Happen!? Emma enjoyed a fun celebration over Labor Day weekend with 2 of her girlfriends. Having a sleep over out at Grandma and Grandpa Lundell's house that included some night-time swimming with glow sticks to light the pool, s'mores and movies. I think the girls had a good time. Joelle, Aryn and I also stayed at the farm that night, it was good for all of us! I think Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed the sleepover too.
 |
| Birthday Cake! |
September 4th, we celebrated Emma's birthday with family. Enjoying a dinner out with Grandma and Grandpa Lundell, Mary & Phil Kelly, Kaylia, Grandma and Grandpa Carter, Katy and all of us. It was a fun evening, finished off with a delicious slice of cake! Still hard to believe Emma is 18!
 |
| Happy birthday Emma! |
 |
| The party crew |
 |
| Aryn |
The busy month continued with the start of pep band, high school bowling team, trips to the cities for me, church service screen design and so much more.
This past week was a special one for me, a great way to top off a month of accomplishments. I met my birthday goal of losing 50 pounds! And better yet, I beat it by losing 50.8 pounds total! I started on this journey January 21, 2013 and what a great feeling it is! No secrets, no magic wand, just a strong desire to make a change, a fantastic Weight Watchers leader, great support from my mentors and friends and love and encouragement from my family. I now have 20 pounds to go to meet my goal for weight watchers. The scariest part is I have actually started running and I enjoy it! Wow, never thought you'd hear me say that. I'm starting small and slowly increasing my distance, but each day gets better and better.
My birthday this past week was also a great reminder of how blessed I am, through the wonderful words and Happy Birthdays posted on facebook, to the special cards in the mail, the beautiful flowers delivered by my aunt, the special message from my uncle D, the text messages and the gifts make this momma feel pretty darn special and pretty darn blessed.
Happy Fall Y'all!
Comments
Post a Comment