A time to recognize everything we have, be reminded of our blessings and time with those you care about. That's what makes Thanksgiving a great lead-in to Christmas in my book. It gets those good feelings going.
There was an interesting comment at one of my weight watcher meetings leading up to Thanksgiving and one that bothered me for the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. Someone who had been following weight watchers last Thanksgiving said "I made weight watchers food last year and no one noticed or said anything." I had to think about that... 'cuz there really isn't "weight watchers food" and it kind of angered me that someone still thought of this as a diet program and there was special food you had to eat to make it work. Well, I'm going to say it here and now - you can eat what you want! You just want to be smart about it and make wise choices. Sure, recipes can be altered to make them lower points for weight watchers, but this also means you're probably making a healthier option for all to enjoy. I'll get off my soap box now....
Thanksgiving was a great day, filled with laughter and giggles from the little girls and Emma, a little jigsaw puzzle action, good conversation and a little planning of the great shopping adventure. Little did Bob and I just what that adventure would include.
Thanksgiving night the girls had a slumber party and Grandma and Papa Lundell's. I think it was enjoyed by all. Bob and I headed home to get ready for our morning departure to Eden Prairie. We weren't going to do anything crazy like try to be there by 5 am. Just figured we'd get up at 5:30, great ready and head out the door. Well, apparently there were other plans for us and instead at about 4:00 am the normally quiet cat was meowing and batting something around our bedroom. Now this could have been a toy, but that usually ends within 5 minutes. After 20 minutes of this action Bob and I couldn't deny this wasn't good and begrudgingly turned on lights to see that YoYo indeed had a live mouse. And so we were up, not well coordinated but we were up. The mouse got away from YoYo and at one point Bob had it by the tail. Then it got away (although pretty well injured). We never found it, have no idea where it escaped to, but decided to leave it to YoYo while we departed for our shopping day. The rest of the day was successful and enjoyable, although exhausting as we checked off the items on our list of what we had hoped to find for our loved ones and friends.
Never a dull moment...
 |
| Reading books |
 |
| Playing with the Russian doll |
 |
| Wearing Aunt Kate's shoes |
 |
| Playing horsey |
Comments
Post a Comment