Skip to main content

Another month goes by...

Where have the last 4 weeks gone?? Today marks 32 weeks of pregnancy and also brings back memories of my pregnancy with Joelle at week 32, where my blood pressure suddenly changed and bed rest started.  So far no issues and praying that this continues to be case! 

January was another crazy month on Painted Ridge as we prepared to replace the shower in the girls' bathroom with a tub and surround!  This included demolition of tiled walls, removal of the shower base and removal of some floor tiles.  Bob got to use some of his toys, but the carrying down of the debris was anything but fun.  Today the new tub was installed!  And hopefully the remaining work will get finished soon!   I for one can't wait to start using the new tub for Joelle's bath time!




The month of January also brought the arrival of 3 little kits!  Finally some happy news from the bunny barn.  So fun to have babies back in the barn!  The 3 little ones were born January 15th and we can't wait to see their development! At the end of January we all traveled to Sioux Falls for Emma to show Hans and Zak in the senior buck category and her new little Ponder in the junior doe category.  The boys ranked in the middle and then I reminded all of us that our boys were young for the senior category, so they have more growing to do!  Ponder on the other hand did great!  She won the broken color variety in the youth show and again in the open show!  Emma was grinning from ear to ear! 


I am still getting the swing of my new job responsibilities and some days are a little more stressful and exhausting than I'd prefer.  But then there are the days where things go well and my decision is confirmed.  My stresser now is trying to get ahead of the game so things are in place when I go on maternity leave! 

Joelle continues to make us smile, laugh and sigh with exhaustion all at the same time.  She is becoming quite the 2 year old and loves to talk.  She knows most of the names of the sesame street characters with Elmo, Ernie and Cookie being her favorites.  She loves books and still instructs you to sit when she wants to snuggle or read a book.  Still hard to believe she's about to turn 2! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today.... The next chapter

And here we are... October of 2020. I'm not sure where the time has gone, while struggling between feeling it has gone too fast and yet being ready for things to move along and leave a few chapters in the past. To say that 2020 has tested our strength is a bit understated. But, even on our worst days and weeks - we have come out smiling.  Don't get me wrong, those smiles aren't always easy and sometimes they mask the exhaustion, the grief and the tears. But boy when they are truly out of happy moments and seeing how we survive from these difficult times, those smiles are worth millions. Today... was a day that hit me hard... unexpectedly hard. Today, being everything I need to be right now is hard...  it's exhausting... it's daunting... it's what this chapter is.  Today... oh boy today has been a hot mess... It was a recognition of how much I'm grieving and still so thankful for this life we have. I'm so thankful to have an amazing friend, Erica...

And here we are in 2019!

I've gotten away from regularly writing, and with the start of 2019 I decided now is the time to revisit writing! It's a great way to look at events happening in our lives and remind ourselves of the blessings we have no matter how busy or complicated life gets! Part of 2019 includes returning to school work for me. As I look at my future goals for my career, I decided the time is now to look at getting my degree in Organizational Leadership.  I applied for admission to Metropolitan State University ( www.metrostate.edu ) and started courses in January! 1 week in and I'm already wondering why I thought this was a great idea. This first semester back at it will most likely be the most difficult as I'm taking on 3 courses - if I survive this, I'll be able to make this happen! What this means is fitting in course work during lunch breaks and after the girls head to bed, and of course hours on the weekends. If I look a little tired, this may explain the bags under m...

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye is never easy, in fact it's one of the most difficult things to do.  Our strength is being tested today as we make the decision for Botti that means we have to put his needs before ours. I will never forget the day we drove to get Botti.  It was a complete surprise to Emma, a Minnesota spring day, March 2006.  She was grumpy about having to go to the Twin Cities with us, thinking it was about getting stuff for the store.  But then we pulled up to Petco in Eden Prairie, again she thought we were just picking up things for the cats and Rosie.  Then we got inside and met up with the animal shelter there for pet adoption day and asked to see the collie puppies we had inquired about.  That's when we met Botti and a few of his litter mates.  His eyes captured our hearts.  Emma's smile was priceless when we asked if we should bring him home. Botti hasn't had an easy road health-wise, but he made it clear that he would always watch over...