So... I've been struggling with the next blog entry. I know what I originally had planned, but my mind and heart were being pulled in a different direction. So I'm going to interrupt the regularly scheduled blog about the girls for a serious one that has consumed my heart.
The past couple of weeks have been filled with reminders of how precious life is and how precious our time is with those we love. Last week my heart was heavy in remembering baby Faith whose parents had brief moments of holding her and singing to her before placing her in God's hands. She would have been 1 year old last week. And here I get to plan Joelle's first birthday... but not without giving thanks for our little blessing.
Some of you may know of the heartache we had prior to having little Joelle, and this also reminds us of just how precious our children are to us. It's not something we talk about frequently in society, and part of me has to ask why the talk of miscarriage is such a closed topic. It's definitely not something we enjoy talking about, but it was such a huge part of our lives and remains in our hearts. Over a 2 year period of time, Bob and I had our hopes and dreams of a beautiful baby lost four times. Each time I wondered how we would get through it and if we had the strength to try again. And now I thank God for the strength to not give up and look at Joelle and realize even more what a miracle her birth and life are.
Additional news this weekend reminded me to appreciate all those we love in our lives. I learned on Sunday of the passing of a classmate's brother, Troy Frensko, who had a rare condition causing tumors in his brain and these continued to spread into his body. He passed away with his family nearby on Saturday evening. He leaves behind a wife and 2 beautiful children.
Of course, I shared this information on facebook and didn't think about who I should have called first. And my very dear friend called me on this action. I had forgotten how she had a close connection with Troy and a good friend would have called before posting it for the world to see. Again, loved ones are precious... And in our conversation I was reminded of yet another life hanging in the balance. Another young father who has given cancer the good fight and is now waiting for his final journey. Thinking of Scott, Lisa and their daughter Brittany and all the lives Scott has touched.
These thoughts have consumed me the past couple of days, and some for longer than that of course. But these events bring up all those feelings of loss, and that reminds me to appreciate even more my time with those I love and care for.
We'll be back for regular blogging in a couple days or less....
The past couple of weeks have been filled with reminders of how precious life is and how precious our time is with those we love. Last week my heart was heavy in remembering baby Faith whose parents had brief moments of holding her and singing to her before placing her in God's hands. She would have been 1 year old last week. And here I get to plan Joelle's first birthday... but not without giving thanks for our little blessing.
Some of you may know of the heartache we had prior to having little Joelle, and this also reminds us of just how precious our children are to us. It's not something we talk about frequently in society, and part of me has to ask why the talk of miscarriage is such a closed topic. It's definitely not something we enjoy talking about, but it was such a huge part of our lives and remains in our hearts. Over a 2 year period of time, Bob and I had our hopes and dreams of a beautiful baby lost four times. Each time I wondered how we would get through it and if we had the strength to try again. And now I thank God for the strength to not give up and look at Joelle and realize even more what a miracle her birth and life are.
Additional news this weekend reminded me to appreciate all those we love in our lives. I learned on Sunday of the passing of a classmate's brother, Troy Frensko, who had a rare condition causing tumors in his brain and these continued to spread into his body. He passed away with his family nearby on Saturday evening. He leaves behind a wife and 2 beautiful children.
Of course, I shared this information on facebook and didn't think about who I should have called first. And my very dear friend called me on this action. I had forgotten how she had a close connection with Troy and a good friend would have called before posting it for the world to see. Again, loved ones are precious... And in our conversation I was reminded of yet another life hanging in the balance. Another young father who has given cancer the good fight and is now waiting for his final journey. Thinking of Scott, Lisa and their daughter Brittany and all the lives Scott has touched.
These thoughts have consumed me the past couple of days, and some for longer than that of course. But these events bring up all those feelings of loss, and that reminds me to appreciate even more my time with those I love and care for.
We'll be back for regular blogging in a couple days or less....
Lisa- If we only had the answers for so many of our questions. It is so true we must look at every gift we have in our lives and appreciate them. I'm so good at getting caught up in the stress of my everyday ordinary life and forgetting the wonderful gifts I truly have. On a happy note I just love your little miracle Joelle!! We hope to see you soon for time to enjoy our children and time for the mom's to just chat!!
ReplyDelete