.jpg) |
| Merry Christmas! |
Wow, another Christmas has come and gone and now we are in the final hours of 2013. This has been an amazing and challenging year. The blessings are there every day, we just sometimes forget to see them. That's my resolution for 2014, to recognize a blessing each and every day. Some days this will be easy, some days not so easy...
Holidays with kids is fun, thrilling, draining, painful and joyful all at the same time. I have the deepest appreciation for my parents and grandparents during the holidays, as you start to look back and see everything they did to make Christmas a special time. To make it a time of sharing with those you love, of trying to make every moment as special as those around you. I found myself thinking of my grandparents quite often this Christmas. Thinking back to the Lundell Christmas gatherings and all the laughs. To the Hedlund Christmas gatherings in Clarissa with all the granddaughters attempting to sleep somewhere in the "kids room". And always feeling that the grandparents treasured every moment, just simply seeing us laugh and enjoy each others company.
While Christmas is not all about gifts and commercial things, it is a way for us to show someone how much they mean to us by sharing a gift, just as God gave us a gift all those years ago with the birth of his Son. So, yes I stress about finding the right gift for each person on our list, because I want the recipient to know just how special they are in my life. And who doesn't enjoy receiving something totally unexpected.
This year I was spoiled greatly by my husband and daughters. This was a tough year on many levels, but boy did it end on a high note. And now I look at 2014 with great ideas for projects with my NEW Sewing Machine! And I have already enjoyed a fun run outside with my new GPS watch so I know how far I have gone! And then there is the super Broncos attire! and new jammies! but the best part was being loved.... oh and the fact the smaller clothing sizes fit!!!
 |
| Aryn 1 1/2 |
 |
| Joelle 3 1/2 |
 |
| Emma 18 |
 |
| Christmas Day |
 |
| Christmas hug for Mauli the cat |
 |
Aryn wrapping herself up as the best gift ever!
Oh how she makes us laugh and smile! |
Comments
Post a Comment